Getting Ready for the Next (Really) Big Thing: Value-Based Purchasing
November 30 – December 1, 2017
St. Pete Beach, Florida
VBP: Value-based purchasing: Coming soon to a Medicaid plan near you!
Now is the time to assess your organization’s readiness for this fundamental shift in health care planning, delivery, measurement and payment, and to begin preparing your staff to succeed in the new paradigm. VBP is greater than the sum of its historical parts: managed care, integrated services, accountable care, and alternative payment methodologies. Add to those a transformation from episode-based care within a provider agency to a focus on improving population health, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing cost across the health system. The scope of change you can anticipate? Huge, culturally and operationally.
If you’re reading this program, you’ve survived more than two decades of continuous change in treatment philosophies and clinical practice, business operations and health care recordkeeping, quality measurement and improvement, and – not least – financing. The next step is to align all of these elements with VBP principles. A well-informed plan will make that alignment manageable and position your organization for a smooth transition when your state’s VBP design emerges, a design you can be sure is underway now.
NACBH conferences are known for timely examination of cutting-edge issues. We bring together the leaders in health care policy, service delivery, and technical assistance. This year is no different. Our expert faculty will cover both an overview and the operational essentials of VBP, the fundamentals and the functional priorities. Providers from across the country will contribute their experience, concerns, strategies, and questions to the most valuable two-day consultation available to jump-start your planning.
This is a must-attend conference. Who should participate? Provider agency CEOs and CFOs, program administrators and clinical leadership, human resources managers and quality improvement directors. Repeat attenders know to expect a dynamic discussion that is targeted to children’s behavioral health organizations and relevant, practical guidance on how to prepare for the next (really) big thing.
Please click here to download the program.
- NACBH room rate: $199/night single-double
- Rates effective November 28 – December 1, 2017 (and, subject to availability, the 3 nights before and after).
- Room block cut-off date: November 7, 2017, 6:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Please see the program materials for additional information about the hotel and our expert faculty.
Thursday, November 30, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., followed by evening reception
Mary Beth Dyer, M.P.P., Senior Consultant, Bailit Health
- What is Value-Based Purchasing and Why Should You Care? Overview, Concepts and Lingo
- The Triple Aim: Improving Patient Experience and Population Health, Reducing Costs
- State Medicaid Agencies’ Use of Alternative Payment Models
- Challenges for States, Plans and Providers
- Getting Ready for VBP — the Big Picture
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
A. Lee Martinez, M.A., L.A.C., C.P.H.Q, Faculty, Arizona State University College of Health Solutions
- Getting Ready for VBP — On the Ground
- Incorporating a Fourth Aim: Improving Provider Work Life
- Defining Value in Health Care, and Demonstrating the Value of Your Services
- Data: What to Measure and How to Use It to Improve Quality and Value
- Assessing Your Readiness: Systems Thinking and Workforce Development